Put Four Decades of Experience On Your Side LET'S GET STARTED

What to Expect in Court

Looking to File for Bankruptcy in Bend?

Approximately six weeks after your petition for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy has been filed a 341 hearing will be held in the bankruptcy court. This gives the Bankruptcy Trustee an opportunity to review the information in your petition with you. He or she will ask questions about your bank account, payments, and assets. This hearing is usually quite brief and to the point. Most of the time, you get to keep all of your property. Because of the complexities in the bankruptcy process, it is very advisable that you work with our Bend attorney in preparing all of the Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy documents which are to be filed with the court as part of your petition.

Bankruptcy Attorney in Oregon

You should be prepared with picture identification, your social security card, your most recent tax return and proof of wages or income. Our Bend Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy attorney will ensure that any bankruptcy exemptions are properly documented before filing. Your creditors may attend this hearing but usually do not. In a Chapter 7 case, your debts will usually be discharged within two to four months after you have filed your case. In the Chapter 13 case, you must complete your payment plan ensuring every payment is received by the Trustee in a timely fashion before your debts are fully discharged. Failure to make payments on time or provide the information requested by the Trustee could result in your petition being dismissed.

We understand how vital your case is to your future and work tirelessly to ensure every case receives the personal attention it deserves. We do a great deal of work electronically which allows us to respond quickly to our client's needs. Our experienced bankruptcy attorney has handled thousands of cases and is ready to answer any questions you may have. Let our experience work for you when you need to file for bankruptcy in Bend.